1. I confess: As evidenced earlier in the week, my brain is in complete scattershot mode. It's also slightly weird to be planning to be in warm sunshine in two weeks when everywhere around me the signs of autumn deepen, the pumpkin lattes and first peat fires waft through the air and the roses finally begin to wither (Roses are hardy in Scotland!)
|Hard to believe this was only a month ago...|
There are still lots of lovely hydrangeas around though
Yes so I feel like I need a new coat and a new sweater/wooly warm things but at the same time I need a new swimsuit and flip flops: it's internally....confusing! I want to embrace Fall and am a tiny bit sad I'm missing the best of it while we're away (arriving home to Scotland in mid November from Florida is usually a sure promise of snow!). But mostly happy, because SUNSHINE!
2. I confess: I have had a twitch in my eyeball for a full week. I have a feeling it could be stress induced? It's one of those minor twitches that doesn't bug you enough to go to a doctor/doesn't hurt; but it's been a week now so I'm wondering if I should probably go see my eye doctor which is just a whole other thing to do.
3. I confess: I am way too excited about Homeland and Supernatural and spooky French non-zombie zombie drama The Returned coming back on t.v. this week.
4. I confess: Norman Reedus riding up to The Walking Dead Madison Square premier on his Daryl Dixon motorcycle is NOT NAFF at all (ok a tiny bit naff* (British for cheesy! ;-)) but still somehow AWESOME in every way!
5. I confess: I really want to book a massage because my back is killing me but it feels overindulgent in a week when I've had thread veins zapped and got my hair did.
6. I confess: I'm trying to eat healthier in the run up to this holiday without being "on a diet". I'm tired of diets. But it's tricky. I don't know if it's going to have any effect at all. I'm not starving myself, I probably should still be eating less carbs, but I am not eating much if any "bad stuff" - i.e. fruit instead of cookies, more protein because I know it staves of my hunger. I'm not weighing myself because I know there won't be any dramatic weight loss and it will depress me, because issues, but I feel positive and in control and just better about myself. I have also decided to come off of my heavy duty acid reflux tablet (omperazole/Prilosec) because I have gained what feels like (somewhat) unexplained weight in the year I've been on it. Which kind of sucks because indigestion is a b*tch for me but I'm just curious to see if it make a difference- plus when you read the internets you see all sorts of horror stories of weight gain and other stuff like bone disease which I am at risk for anyway so I am going to try to only take it when I am desperate.
p.s. Do go and visit Becky's Blog for her own and links to some other Sunday Confessions!