My Secret Blogging Life (aka weird thoughts I have during the course of a day!)
* I need to finish one of the half dozen blog posts I have lined up. Attempt to write Amazon Prime review which results in 1400 words pouring out about Transparent season two, making it a post all in its own entity and then some. Agh. So that didn’t go according to plan…how do bloggers blog without using all of the words? I mean, I regularly read blog posts that have like, 50 words. Does not compute.
* Ambles onto Twitter, looks at “to follow” list as suddenly bizarrely am 2 followers away from 700 (what?!). And yes, shamelessly I now want to reach the big (to me!) round number. Except most of my “to follow” suggestions are not interesting, or 23 year old beauty bloggers. Now, I am not ageist when it comes to blogging, how could I be, but lately it does feel like I am the oldest blogger on earth. Where are all my non-zygote non-niche bloggers at?
* Cook homemade chicken soup for ill husband. Feel very proud. And hungry, the soup took three hours! Kitchen is a tip. Think about how many bloggers would now take time out to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and blog about the soup (or at the very least photograph it for posterity – which would take like a dozen attempts on my part as am world’s worst food photographer).
Feel less impressed with self as have not boasted to the world about soup making ability, eat soup anyway, is delicious. #domesticgoddess #soup - do people really care about constant posts like this on their feeds? Is a life not lived unless every tiny detail is shared? This is why I am not, and will never be, a “lifestyle blogger” I guess. (No duh I hear you say!)
* Wanders onto Bloglovin', reads and enjoys and comments on several blog posts which I know will (likely) not result in reciprocal reads. Not that that is why I read posts, and I never do the “Drop my blog link and run"/ generic “Great post” comment, I always try to leave thoughtful comments. Maybe too thoughtful; I mean, whatever, but it is kind of tiring trying to connect to other blogger sometimes – just me?
* Mosies back on to Twitter – Ah, it’s Sunday Blog Share, a bloggers link up. Share two posts from this week (usually I limit it to one). Read a handful of posts, enjoy a couple muchly, retweet and follow a few. No re-tweets for me this week. It’s very hit or miss the Sunday Blog Share. I am not great at seeking out blogging hashtags though and for whatever reason I always remember to do this one. I notice “Sunday Blog Share” has been taken over a bit by spam this week, also idiot jerkwad internet-preneur types hogging it with multiple posts. It’s hard out there for a blogger.
* All of this blog networking is exhausting. I mean, why can’t we introvert bloggers get by just introverting? Retreats, writes little “Sunday Confessions” post which is fun and stress free, feels better.
* Ponder forcing husband to be my fashion photographer so can finally do a Buyer’s Archive, but he is snoring soundly on couch, seems cruel! I mean, most of the time he is physically capable of taking pictures of me, but honestly, the whole “Spend your day off taking dozens of photos of me which I will probably hate” aspect of blogging is not one I feel adds much to our relationship.
* Question why I bother blogging at all, is totally unnatural and stupid thing for a private, overly sensitive and needy introvert to even contemplate in this Insta-Millennial ad age of hashtagging how brilliant you are for drinking a latte or buying shoes. Will obviously never be good at it or make a splash or get a book deal or writing job or anything useful. My time has passed, I should just get a job at M&S or crawl into a hole or something, as no one cares what an old blob like me has to say or think about anything.
* “Ok well that’s a stupid attitude to have, you should never forget that you are a very special flower who was once Juliet and only had Oscar nominated actors tell you you’re the bomb, made people weep with your talent, conquered and flourished in the Lower East Side when the Ramones were still playing St.Mark's Place*, and held your head up high to much scarier stuff than this blogging lark before you were 12, and oh YEAH, by the way, kicked cancer’s ass!!” (um my inner INFP kicks into self defense mode!) “who still has LOTS to say about culture and fashion and film and food and life/whatever you darn well please, in whatever way you deem fit, outside influences and extroverted shouty types be damned!” "Just because you're not so good at the bragging about how great you are/ putting on a glam blogging face does not mean you do not have a voice!"
* (shrugs, not comfortable with all this personal big-upping - but seriously guys and gals, Big Up yourselves when the self-doubting creeps in, especially you quiet ones in the corner!) ”O.k. I guess I’ll keep at it”
|I could not think of an appropriate photo for this post, so here is weird creepy face carved in a tree deep in a Scottish wood!|
*Lest ye forget I am o-l-d! ;-)